Interstate Trucking Authority -$395

Motor Carrier Authority

Motor Carrier Authority, also known as Interstate Trucking Authority, is required for trucking company owners that operate as for-hire motor carriers and transporting passengers or federally-regulated commodities in interstate commerce.

At Motor Carrier HQ, we understand what matters most to your business is making a profit by staying on the road. However, valuable time is spent on MC authority paperwork – slowing down your business.

Let us worry about it instead.

Motor Carrier HQ will file your new Motor Carrier Authority for a low cost of $395 and we guarantee it gets filed correctly – all within One Hour.  

It takes 5 minutes to complete our online form. If it is submitted during regular business hours, we will call you within one hour with your new MC number and DOT number.  If we fail to make the call within one hour, we will give you a $50 credit toward enrollment in our DOT Compliant Drug & Alcohol Testing Consortium.

If you submit the application outside of business hours, we’ll have everything to you early the next business day, if not sooner.

Watch our video below for more information.

Our New Motor Carrier Authority filing service includes:

  • Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Filing Fee – $300
  • BOC–3 (We’ll File It For Free, no one else will do that)
  • DOT Number
  • MC Number
BOC-3 Button


$395.00 Low Price Guarantee

We are so confident we offer the best price for our services that if you can find a better advertised price, we’ll beat it by $10.  Go ahead, look around, bet you can’t find anything lower.

 brain-flat-v3Quality Guarantee

If there is a delay in processing your application or if it is rejected because of an error on your application, we’ll refund $95 of your fee.  Even if it is an error you made that we should have caught.



Common Questions

How Do I Get Started?
  • Take 5 minutes to complete our simple online application, which will help us gather the information we need to complete your FMCSA Registration, click here to get started.
  • Once we begin the process you will need to arrange for insurance
How does the Motor Carrier Authority application process work?

Once we complete the FMCSA Registration for your Trucking Authority, you will be issued a pending MC number and an active DOT Number.  The MC number will remain pending for a minimum of 3 weeks as part of a federal protest period. In order for your authority to be granted at the end of the protest period, you need to have two filings in place.


  1. The MCS-90, a form submitted by your insurance company showing you have the required insurance in place.  If you don’t know of any insurance companies, we can get you in contact with several trustworthy agents
  2. The BOC-3 (Designation of Process Agents), don’t worry about this one, we’ll handle it.  It’s free with our services.

 You can rest easy, because as part of our service we’ll stay in contact with you to make sure everything is in place and you are informed throughout the process.  We’ll even let you know about things like when your insurance needs to get filed so you don’t pay for insurance longer than you have to, yet it will be on file in time for your motor carrier authority to go active.

Why should I let Motor Carrier HQ take care of the application process?
First, we save you time.  Just complete our simple online application and we will submit the required documentation to the FMCSA and get the MC number issued for you. Secondly, we save you money.  Our process is quick and efficient which allows us to provide you the same service as our competitors for less than they can.  Finally, we give you peace of mind.  You don’t have to worry that your application may contain mistakes that could delay your grant date or get your application rejected altogether.  Match that with our unbeatable customer service and support, it’s a no-brainer.
Are there any hidden costs?
  • The $395 covers everything you need for a standard New Motor Carrier Authority, except the insurance
  • You may need additional filings depending on what and where you haul
  • There will be some additional steps that may cost money in order to stay in compliance with all the DOT Regulations
  • Don’t forget your UCR, the $300 fine hurts your first time out

For more information see our resources area or contact us at or (866) 739-2032 with specific questions.

If you still have any questions, feel free to call    (866) 739-2032