United Carrier Registration - $129


Complete your UCR filing, it’s fast and convenient. 

Close up of truck pipe Your UCR needs to be filled out every year.  We can file your past UCR and new registrations. Don’t get stopped at a port and placed out of service or fined because you are not current with your UCR filings.

Who needs to file a UCR each year?

UCR requires individuals and companies that operate commercial motor vehicles in interstate or international commerce, or individuals or companies that make arrangements for the transportation of cargo and goods, to register their businesses and pay an annual fee based on the size of their fleet. New-button A “Commercial Motor Vehicle” is defined as a self-propelled or towed vehicle used on the highways in commerce principally to transport passengers or cargo, if the vehicle:

  • Has a gross vehicle weight (GVW) or gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 10,001
  • pounds or more, OR
  • Is designed to transport 10 or more passengers (including the driver), OR
  • Is used in transporting hazardous materials in a quantity requiring placarding.

Motor carriers, motor private carriers, freight forwarders, leasing companies and brokers based in the United States, Canada, Mexico, or any other country that operate in interstate or international commerce in the United States must register under the UCR program. For the for-hire carriers, UCR replaced the Single State Registration System (SSRS) program. SSRS was not renewed for 2007. The UCR program is similar to SSRS in that UCR is a Base-State system, under which a carrier pays UCR fees to one state on behalf of all participating states.

Paperwork Button